Have you ever experienced a luxury spa treatment? Once when I was going through a particularly rough patch I treated myself to a serious pampering. Even though I didn’t discuss my problems I felt the spa attendants were in tune with my body and they treated me wonderfully. I left feeling rejuvenated and more importantly strong. It’s sometimes hard to remember, especially when feeling stressed or when life is super complicated, slowing down actually helps get things done or gives a much needed new perspective.
Unfortunately we are not always able to treat ourselves to a spa experience. The next best thing is a home spa treatment.
Here are some quick tips for turning your bathroom into a mini spa.
- Schedule your spa treatment. This is important because you need time to plan and prepare. You also need to give yourself the message that this is “ME” time.
- Gather all your supplies and clean the bathroom well ahead of time. Your experience will be far more relaxing if the preparation and treatment are separated by a bit of time.
- What’s your favorite bathtub read? This is your time so indulge. Maybe it’s a lifestyle/Hollywood gossip magazine or rereading an old favorite. Have you seen the tables that fit across your tub- you might want to invest in one.
- Purchase a few natural bath products. Your skin absorbs what you put on it, so I avoid chemicals and fake colors or scents.
- Flowers or candles can add some serious atmosphere.
- Pour something to drink; water, tea or a glass of wine.
- Decide on entertainment. Do you want complete quiet? Music? You can watch a favorite movie or show on your laptop.
- Depending on the weather fill the tub with hot or cool water. Hot baths release toxins and cool baths are refreshing.
Ahhh, in less than an hour you’ll feel re-energized, refreshed with soft, smooth skin.And if you don’t have time for a relaxing spa bath- try our Shower Shots- a happy hour in your shower. Made in jello shot molds they are a perfect mini-spa experience.